Liter: 25 LTR
Unitor™ FuelPower™ Soot Remover Liquid Plus is formulated for effective prevention of soot and firescale deposits from boilers and diesel engine exhaust systems.
If fire-scale is allowed to form on heat exchangers, the loss of efficiency can be directly related to extra fuel consumption. A 1 mm deposit is approximately equivalent to a 10% efficiency loss, a 3 mm deposit can reduce efficiency by up to 50%.
The normal oxidation temperature of soot is around 600°C. This means that it is burned only in the hottest parts of the boiler or diesel exhaust systems. The new features of Soot Remover Liquid Plus with a new organic catalyst instead of copper salt has a higher efficiency at lower temperatures. The oxidation temperature of Soot Remover Liquid Plus on the soot/firescale is as low as 170°C. The carbon deposits are thus oxadised, leaving an easily removable ash.
The use of Unitor FuelPower Soot Remover Liquid Plus not only provides greater fuel efficiency, but also prevents acid formation in areas where severe corrosion could result in expensive damage, i.e. heat exchangers, superheaters, economisers, exhaust paths/stacks.
- For the prevention of soot and firescale deposits in diesel engine and boiler exhaust systems
- For reduction of cold-end corrosion where surface temperatures are lower than the dew point of the exhaust gases
- Improves soot blowing operations
- Increase the intervals between cleaning with up to 12 months minimizing down time and improving overall efficiency.
- Reduces the discharge of cleaning water to the sea
- Reduced cold-end corrosion reduces your need for maintenance
- Helps to keep exhaust gas system clean while slow steaming and will also reduce cold end corrosion
|Density [kg/dm3]||1,11 – 1,12|
|Flash Point [°C]||Not applicable|
|pH||8 – 8,5 in As supplied|
|Solubility in water||100%|
Directions for use
Dosage and control
Soot Remover Liquid Plus should be introduced to the boiler through a suitable port, preferably with an injector, ensuring that the liquid is spread through the flame path toward the back of the combustion chamber.
For Diesel engines, inject Soot Remover Liquid Plus directly into the exhaust system upstream of the area to be treated. Soot Remover Liquid Plus should be injected with the dosing equipment mentioned under Accessories.