Liter: 200 ltr
Unitor™ CargoDescale is a liquid acid containing active descaling accelerators, corrosion inhibitors and selected wetting agent formulated to be a highly effective solution. The formulation makes it ideal for removal of limewash, cement, clinker and scale.
CargoDescale is designed to remove stubborn cargo deposits originated from cement, clinkers or even limewash. It is a hydrochloric acid based product that contains effective corrosion inhibitors against attack on ferrous metals.
It should not be used on aluminium, zinc, tin, stainless steel, titanium or any other galvanized surfaces.
Unitor™ has developed Cargo Hold Cleaning Kits and appropriately tested for use with CargoDescale solution for efficient removal of cargo sediments such as cements, lime wash and similar products from hold bulkheads.
Unitor™ Panamax Cargo Hold Cleaning Kit, PN 778855 Unitor™ Cargo Hold Compact Kit, PN 778955
To avoid unnecessary corrosion of the cleaning kits, it is highly recommended to flush the equipment with fresh water regularly during cleaning, between each cargo hold and before storage. Neutralize any remaining acidity by rinsing of a 1% solution of CargoClean HD in fresh water.
- Highly effective & concentrated product
- Hydrochloric Acid based product containing inhibitors against attack on ferrous metals
- Removes cargo sediments such as cement and lime wash, loose scale and rust from cargo hold bulkheads and coated metal surfaces
- Marpol Annex V – Not harmful to the Marine Environment
- Reduces corrosion risk
- Easy to rinse off
- Fast and effective remover for holds and decks
- Saves cleaning time
- Water soluble and non flammable
- Cost effective and easy to apply
|Invent Hazard Material (IMO/EU) classification||C-11|
|Density||1.16 – 1.20|
|Not Compatible||It should not be used on aluminium, zinc, tin, stainless steel, titanium or any other galvanized surfaces.|
Notes regarding safety in descaling operations:
CargoDescale contains strong acids. Handle with care and pay special attention to the Safety Data Sheet and / or Product Label. Use personal protection equipment as recommended.
Reactants from acid components in descaling products may include gasses like carbon dioxide and hydrogen. Formation of hydrogen gas can be monitored with gas detection equipment on the vents. To avoid suffocation and potentially explosive atmosphere, gasses should be removed safely by purging system with water after draining the cleaning solution. Vent of system during descaling operations must be provided for same reason. Always use gas detection equipment to check that the atmosphere is safe before entering confined spaces for inspection after descaling operations. When circulating the descaling solution, always circulate with inlet at the bottom to avoid air pockets and potential entrapment of gaseous reaction products
- This composition meets the criteria for not being harmful to the marine environment according to MARPOL Annex V and may be discharged into the sea when used to clean cargo holds and external surfaces on ships.
- Approvals => This composition meets the criteria for not being harmful to the marine environment according to MARPOL Annex V and may be discharged into the sea when used to clean cargo holds and external surfaces on ships. Approved by the Norwegian National Institute of Public Health for cleaning of evaporators
Directions for use
Note: Acid should always be added to water, and never the reverse.
Sweep and remove as much cargo deposits as practicable before using CargoDescale.
CargoDescale should be mixed with fresh water to form a solution of 10-30%, depending on the extent of deposits. Apply CargoDescale solution with a suitable cargo hold cleaning equipment and let it soak for abt. 15 minutes on the surface. Do not let the chemicals dry out, wash down or reapply to keep it wet while soaking. Wash down thoroughly and repeat procedure if necessary.
After using CargoDescale it is essential to thoroughly rinse the equipment with a 1% solution of Unitor™ CargoClean HD in fresh water. This will neutralize any remaining acidity and passivate steel surfaces.