Liter: 25 LTR
Unitor™ Descaling Liquid™ is an acid based liquid product that contains corrosion inhibitors and that is highly effective to remove scale and rust. It should not be used on aluminium, zinc, tin, stainless steel, titanium or any other galvanized surfaces for which a special grade cleaner is recommended by the manufacturer.
Unitor™ has developed Cargo Hold Cleaning Kits and appropriately tested for use with Descaling liquid solution for efficient removal of cargo sediments such as cements, lime wash and similar products from hold bulkheads.
Unitor™ Panamax Cargo Hold Cleaning Kit, PN 778855
Unitor™ Cargo Hold Compact Kit, PN 778955
To avoid unnecessary corrosion of the cleaning kits, it is highly recommended to flush the equipment with fresh water regularly during cleaning, between each cargo hold and before storage.
Furthermore, Unitor™ has also developed a 210 litres capacity cleaning unit designed for use with chemical acid solutions for cleaning boilers, calorifiers, heat exchangers and other types of similar equipment where rust and scale removal is necessary.
Unitor™ Chemical Cleaning Unit: PN 737189.
Notes regarding safety in descaling operations:
Descaling liquid contains strong acids. Handle with care and pay special attention to Material Safety Data Sheet and / or Product Label. Use personal protection equipment as recommended.
Reactants from acid components in descaling products may include gasses like carbon dioxide and hydrogen. Formation of hydrogen gas can be monitored with gas detection equipment on the vents. To avoid suffocation and potentially explosive atmosphere, gasses should be removed safely by purging system with water after draining the cleaning solution. Vent of system during descaling operations must be provided for same reason. Always use gas detection equipment to check that the atmosphere is safe before entering confined spaces for inspection after descaling operations. When circulating the descaling solution, always circulate with inlet at the bottom to avoid air pockets and potential entrapment of gaseous reaction products.
• Hydrochloric Acid based product containing inhibitors against attack on ferrous metals
• Highly concentrated and suitable for multiple purposes
• Removes cargo sediments such as cement and lime wash, loose scale and rust from cargo hold bulkheads and coated metal surfaces
• Removes scale and rust from engine room condensers, evaporators, heat exchangers and similar equipment
• Removes water scale from boilers
• Approved by the Norwegian National Institute of Public Health for cleaning of evaporators
- Reduces corrosion risk
- Easy to rinse off
- Fast and effective scale and rust remover
|Not Compatible||Avoid aluminium, zinc, tin and their alloys, stainless steel and galvanized surfaces. May swell synthetic rubber.|
- This composition meets the criteria for not being harmful to the marine environment according to MARPOL Annex V and may be discharged into the sea when used to clean cargo holds and external surfaces on ships.
- Approved by the Norwegian National Institute of Public Health for cleaning of evaporators.
Directions for use
The most effective descaling is accomplished by circulation for large systems or components. In the case of small components, the soak method in an immersion bath can be used.
If the equipment to be cleaned is contaminated by oil, grease, sludge or carbonised oil, then pre-cleaning with Unitor™ Seaclean Plus™ or Unitor™ Enviroclean™ is necessary.
Unitor™ Descaling Liquid™ should always be used in plastic containers. Acid should always be added to water, and never the reverse.
Unitor™ Descaling Liquid should be mixed with fresh water to form a solution of 10–30%, depending on the extent of scaling. After using Unitor™ Descaling Liquid it is essential to thoroughly rinse all metal surfaces at least once with a 0.5% solution of Nalfleet™ Alkalinity Control™ in fresh water. This solution should be circulated for 2–4 hours or until an acceptable pH value is obtained. This will neutralize any remaining acidity and passivate steel surfaces.