Liter: 25 LTR
Unitor™ DieselPower™ Biocontrol is the solution when fuel contamination is found in marine diesel fuel. The product is effective against a variety of microorganisms contaminating fuel tanks and systems. If you find contamination in fuel tanks Unitor™ DieselPower™ Biocontrol is an effective biocide to remove any contamination.
It’s essential to have adequate storage for marine fuel. But microorganisms can corrode fuel storage tanks and systems, leading to clogged filters and nozzles, and degraded fuel. Unitor DieselPower Biocontrol is a specially designed liquid that protects fuel against microorganisms . More advice on how to detect and manage microbial contamination can be found in ASTM D6469-14 Standard guide for Microbial contamination in fuels and fuel systems.
- Kills microorganisms in fuel oil
- Keeps filters and nozzles free from clogging
- Prevents corrosion in fuel systems and doesn’t form any corrosive combustion products
- Safe for use on all materials, including metal and synthetic rubber
- You can be sure that Unitor DieselPower Biocontrol will remove all microorganisms
- There have been no reported cases of microbes becoming immune to this product
- With filters and nozzles clean and free from bacteria remnants, you can run a trouble-free operation
|Invent Hazard Material (IMO/EU) classification||C-6|
|Flash Point [°C]||>61|
Directions for use
Marine Diesel Oil and Gas Oil
DieselPower Biocontrol is self-dispersing and can therefore be added directly to the fuel tank.
The recommended dosage rates are:
Preventive treatment: 0.20 litres/ton continuously (meaning that all new oil charged to the fuel tank is treated with 0.20 litres/ton) or 0.6 litres/ton in periodic dosing to the tank every 2 months, independent of how much fuel that has passed through the tank.
Decontamination of contaminated oil: 0.8 litres/ton
Shock dosing: 3 litres/ton (biomass can be seen, filter blockage)
The tank or system layout to treat has an impact on how fast the kill rate is, for Shock treatment we recommend at least 24 hrs treatment time.
The best ways to provide good distribution of the biocide in the fuel is:
- By pumping the fuel with DieselPower Biocontrol from one tank to another (and back).
- By adding DieselPower Biocontrol when the tank is one third full and then fill up the tank with fuel. This creates turbulence in the tank and provides good mixing of the biocide.
- By pre-diluting DieselPower Biocontrol in fuel and then add it to the tank. (Not very practical when larger tanks have to be treated. Also concerns with safety of workers when manually handling the fuel)