Liter: 25 LTR
Unitor™ Metal Brite H.D™ is a liquid detergent compound containing phosphoric acid and non-ionic surfactants, used for rust removal and as a surface brightener.
Unitor™ Metal Brite H.D™ is a non-flammable rust and metal tarnish remover. It is highly concentrated and very economical in use.
- Does not contain nonyl phenol ethoxylates or other estrogenic compounds
- Economical in use
- Surface brightening including aluminium
- Cleans and passivates ferrous metal surfaces, inhibits further corrosion, and gives a base which paint will adhere
- Approved by the Norwegian Institute of Public Health for use as cleaner of tanks in contact with cooking oil
- Removes light rust and rust stains
- Removes tarnish from non-ferrous metals
- Removes rust stains from painted, ceramic and wooden surfaces
|pH||2 in 1% solution|
|Not Compatible||Long term exposure may lead to corrosion of mild steel, cast iron, aluminium and alloys, brass, tin or galvanized material.|
- This composition meets the criteria for not being harmful to the marine environment according to MARPOL Annex V and may be discharged into the sea when used to clean cargo holds and external surfaces on ships.
- Approved by the Norwegian Institute of Public Health for use as cleaner of tanks in contact with cooking oil.
Directions for use
Unitor™ Metal Brite H.D. should always be used in a plastic bucket.
Acid should always be added to water, never the reverse.
Remove dirt, rust flakes, oil and grease prior to using Unitor™ Metal Brite H.D.
Apply Unitor™ Metal Brite H.D. to surfaces to be cleaned or pickled as follows:
For severely corroded surfaces and pickling of welding repairs, use 50% solution to neat.
For less severely corroded or soiled surfaces and tarnish on copper and brass, use a solution of 20–50%, and rinse off surface after 15–40 minutes with water.
On aluminium, use a solution of 10–30%, but rinse off surface maximum 5 minutes after application.
For removal of rust stains on painted surfaces, a solution of 10–30% should be sufficient. Rinse off with water 15–20 minutes after application.
For removal of rust stains on ceramic tiles, enamels, porcelain, glass etc., use a solution of 20–50%, depending on stains and soiling. Rinse off with water after 20–40 minutes.
For removal of light cement stains and lime, apply a 50% solution, and high pressure wash after 30–40 minutes, and for solidified cement use Unitor™ Descaling Liquid.
For removal of light rust and scale in pipelines and tanks, recirculate a solution of 5–10% Unitor™ Metal Brite H.D. For discoloration of stainless steel and epoxy coated tanks use the same method.
For removal of white residues from epoxy-coatings that sometimes remains after carriage of Stearin, Olein, Palm fatty acid etc., recirculate a solution of 5–10% Unitor™ Metal Brite H.D. When injected, use a 5% solution. Recirculate or inject until residue is removed.