Liter: 25 LTR
Unitor™ Seacare OSD-2™ is a biodegradable hydrocarbon based Type I oil spill dispersant with high dispersing efficiency and low toxicity.
This product supersedes product no: 571562
Unitor™ Seacare OSD-2™ is a biodegradable hydrocarbon based product with high dispersing efficiency and low toxicity. It is approved as a Type I dispersant according to LR448 specifications by the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA) formerly UK Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAFF).
Type I: Conventional hydrocarbon-base – for use primarily undiluted on beaches, but may also be used undiluted from WSL spray sets using breaker boards or other suitable means of application and agitation.
Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA)
APPROVAL OF THE USE OF SUBSTANCES PRODUCED FOR THE PURPOSE OF TREATING OIL ON THE SURFACE OF THE SEA.
- Approved Type I dispersant according to the latest LR448 specifications of AEA Technology Plc. covering both efficiency and toxicity for use in dispersing oil on sea, beaches and rocks
- Disperses mineral oils, crude oils, residual fuel oils, diesel fuel oil, kerosene, white spirit and lubricant oils
- For use on oil spills that may occur during loading or discharging of cargo or bunkers where allowed
- For cleaning of spills on deck, ships side, piers, wharfs, etc. where allowed
- Raised standards for operator safety in handling and use, being biodegradable and having low toxicity and a high flash point
- Rapid efficient dispersal of a wide range of oil residues. Converts hydrocarbons into very fine emulsions
- Ready to use product
|Invent Hazard Material (IMO/EU) classification
|Flash Point [°C]
|Do not use together with natural rubber; may swell synthetic rubber
• This composition meets the criteria for not being harmful to the marine environment according to MARPOL Annex V and may be discharged into the sea when used to clean cargo holds and external surfaces on ships.
• Approved as a type I dispersants according to LR448 specifications by MMO (Marine Management Organisation) for oil spill treatment applications in the United Kingdom
Directions for use
Oil Spills at Sea
Unitor™ Seacare OSD-2™ is used undiluted by direct spraying to clean up oil spills at sea. Allow some time for the oil to absorb the Unitor™ Seacare OSD-2™ and then disperse mixture by vigorous agitation using fire hoses, the ship’s propeller, breaker boards towed behind work boats, etc. Unitor™ Seacare OSD-2™ should not be used in an area of sea of a depth less than 20 metres or within one mile of such areas exept in accordance with the advice of the local District Inspector of Fisheries of Ministry or Scottish Office Agriculture, Environmental and Fisheries Department (SOAEFD).
Oil on Beaches and Shore Line Unitor™ Seacare OSD-2™ should be applied neat by spraying over oiled areas. Allow time for the oil to absorb the Unitor™ Seacare OSD-2™ then follow by washing down the beach or rocks, etc. The treatment rate depends on the type and thickness of the oil spill, also on the age and condition. Under conditions where it is a thin slick of oil, 1 litre of Unitor™ Seacare OSD-2™ is enough to treat approximately 10 square metres of oil. In many cases, several applications may be necessary.
Oil Spill on Deck Remove as much of the oil as possible, then spray Unitor™ Seacare OSD-2™ over area covered by the oil and allow some time for it to be absorbed. Disperse the mixture with water by means of a fire hose. Depending on type of oil it may be necessary to use several applications.