The Comet Smoke Signal Orange is a compact, flat top distress signal designed to be easy and safe to handle.
- Provides effective position marking during rescue operations and can be used to indicate wind direction, producing dense orange smoke for a minimum of 3 minutes.
- Conforming to SOLAS 74/88 as amended.
- Signal for position marking during rescue operations.
- Indicates wind direction.
- Safe use on oil or petrol covered water.
Produkttype og bruksområde
The Comet Lifesmoke is a small and compact distress signal for daylight use designed for stowage in liferafts. Ideal also for leisure boats.
This compact unit is ideally stored in a water-resistant locker at ambient temperature allowing easy access in an emergency or in the robust, specially designed polybottle.
1. Remove plastic cap. Point away from body.
2. Pull ring firmly away from canister. Ensure hand remains clear of HOT END.
3. Throw Lifesmoke overboard immediately. Smoke will be emitted after a 2 second delay.
Height: 100 mm
Diameter: 84 mm
Weight: 340 g
NEC: 200 g
Burning time: 3 minutes minimum
Colour of smoke: orange
Ignition: pull-wire ignitor with 2 seconds safety delay